Friday, June 6, 2008

Friends

Today I am hosting my version of Oprah's "Legends Ball". Unfortunately I won’t be giving away diamonds and John Legend won’t be serenading us but it will be special nonetheless. The legends in my life aren't ones you will see on television or on a magazine cover but the individuals I call "friends". About 8 months ago I had knee surgery. This was no walk-in-the-park knee surgery. For 5-months after the surgery I was unable to walk or drive. It was debilitating because I am known as a "busy bee". This was the hardest thing that I have had to experience in my life and trust me I have experience some things. God used this time to teach me to lean and depend on others...this is were my true friends came in. They were there cooking dinner, bringing food for me and my family, calling to check on me, coming by just to visit and most of all having unconditional love. The surprising thing is people I thought were close to me weren't there for me...people that I had just met within months came to my aide with no questions...it was amazing! Today looking back I feel so blessed and today I want to honor these individuals. Recently I saw the highly acclaimed movie “Sex and the City” this movie reminded me of what friends are and how they stand by your side thick or thin, good or bad…happy or sad! So if you have individuals in your life that meet the definition of “true friends” honor them in a special way…let them know how they have impacted your life. True friends are rare so if you have them in your life you are blessed!

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

"True" friends are definitely a gift from above.

Keep up the blog as you have a lot to offer.