Thursday, August 7, 2008

Seize the Opportunity

I am a big believer that God gives us opportunities but it is up to us to take advantage of the door or window that God so graciously opened. This past weekend I went to the 49th Delta Convention in Orlando. I brought several books with me with hopes of selling a few. I honestly was a little disappointed because books sales weren’t going as I thought. It was really busy and the venue was very crowded, but beyond the clouds there was sunshine. While sitting next to a fellow sorority sister during the step show, she encouraged me to take a book to the host who is also a comedian on BET. Well I got my courage up and took a book to her and she in turn gave me a shout out in front of at least 5000 women!!! The very next day I was able to shimmy myself up to Sheryl Lee Ralph, Suzzanne Douglass and Michael Eric Dyson to give them books as well. I had to step out of my comfort zone and take advantage of the opportunity that God created for me. Now, I have no idea if anything will come of these efforts (I pray it will) but this experience taught me to believe in myself, my gifts and my God! And sometimes he gives us confirmation of us walking in the path that he has set for us…Suzzanne Douglas actually told me that she could see the book as a movie! Guess what? I originally wrote the story as a play!!! God has big things in store for me…I know he does! So keep believing in your dreams because what he has for you is for you!

No comments: